How can you speed up Recovery Toolbox for DWG?
If you know which version of AutoCAD the damaged file was saved in, please indicate this version in the
DWG Version menu. In this case recovery algorithms will be applied only for the version indicated, which significantly decreases the file recovery time. If
Autodetect is selected, then, for the damaged file, recovery algorithms will be applied for all versions. Explanation of DWG versions:
- R2000 Is used in AutoCAD 2000, AutoCAD 2000i, AutoCAD 2002.
- R2004 Is used in AutoCAD 2004, AutoCAD 2005, AutoCAD 2006.
- R2007 Is used in AutoCAD 2007, AutoCAD 2008, AutoCAD 2009.
- R2010 Is used in AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD 2011.
- Make sure that Smart Decompress option, located in Tools-Options-Additional is on. If the option is on, then the program uses modified data unpacking methods. They are faster than standard methods, however, some data may be missed. If the option is off, then the program uses standard data unpacking methods.