AutoCAD Recovery tool
AutoCAD Repair Software
Recovery Toolbox for DWG
Recovery Toolbox for DWG helps to fix bad DWG files with AutoCAD drawing images.
How to repair an AutoCAD file
A step-by-step instruction for how to recover a corrupted *.dwg file with an AutoCAD project or drawing:
- Download Recovery Toolbox for DWG from here: https://recoverytoolbox.com/download/RecoveryToolboxForDWGInstall.exe
- Install Recovery Toolbox for DWG on your computer
- Start Recovery Toolbox for DWG
- Select corrupted *.dwg file on first page of Recovery Toolbox for DWG
- Click the Analyze button
- Preview the recovered objects from the damaged DWG file
- Click the Start recovery button to export the data into a new AutoCAD project
How to recover a damaged AutoCAD *.dwg file
Recovery Toolbox for DWG is an advanced data repair tool for damaged AutoCAD *.DWG files. The program allows you to restore data from a corrupted AutoCAD drawing project in a few simple steps. Simply follow the instructions and wait for the program to analyze the damaged file, identify recoverable resources, and export recovered objects into a new AutoCAD project.
Features of AutoCAD DWG Repair Tool:
- Recover all versions of *.dwg files created using AutoCAD 2000/2004/2007/2010 and higher
- Preview of recovered objects with zoom, move, and rotate functions
- No special skills required
- Automatic detection of version of *.dwg files
- Additional functions for more correct data recovery
- Export recovered data directly into AutoCAD
- Select AutoCAD version for export, if several versions of AutoCAD are installed
- Multilanguage interface
- DWG Viewer Tool
- Displays the contents of damaged AutoCAD graphics data files
DWG Repair software
How to repair a corrupted AutoCAD drawing project DWG file
How can you recover a DWG file? The .DWG recovery tool opens your damaged AutoCAD project and exports data into a new drawing. The DWG recovery tool does not use AutoCAD libraries to read files. To expedite the process, you can manually specify the version of the DWG file to be recovered.
The DWG file recovery tool box exports the extracted data directly into AutoCAD. If you don't have it installed, you will see a corresponding notification. If you have several versions of AutoCAD installed on the same system, the DWG repair tool will let you choose the one the data should be exported to.
Free DWG File Viewer
- Scaling/zooming a drawing
- Displacement of drawing objects
- Rotations of objects in the project
I.e., Recovery Toolbox for DWG provides a full preview of AutoCAD drawings, even if they are damaged. And it's free for an unlimited number of uses.
How to Open a Corrupted DWG Dile for Free
How to Restore AutoCAD
- Download, install, and run the DEMO version of Recovery Toolbox for DWG.
- Select a damaged .dwg file.
- Run the analysis of a damaged DWG file.
- Review the recovered drawing on the preview page.
- Export recovered data to a new AutoCAD project - available in the full version.
How to Fix a DWG File
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 or Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 and above
In the menu Tools-Options program options are separated into two parts: Recovery method and Additional. The Recovery method tab enables choosing from three available file recovery algorithms:
- Direct read. Direct file reading algorithm. This tries to find objects using tables and addresses from file headings. The quickest method, but very sensitive to errors.
- Recovery read. Recovery read for every DWG format version uses its own methods for searching objects in files. The method does not depend on tables or addresses. After all objects have been found in the file the program uses special algorithms to recover connections between objects.
- Recovery read + Direct read. Combined method. First recovery read is run, then the program searches for tables in files. If it finds tables, then it recovers a more accurate draft. If there is no table, then the result will be analogous to the Recovery Read option.
The Additional tab enables setting certain additional program parameters:
- Recover blocks without INSERTs. If this option is turned on, then for those blocks which do not have insertion points, new insertion points will be forcibly created. This option guarantees that all recovered blocks will appear on the draft. If this option is turned off, then only blocks for which corresponding insertion points were found in the file will appear on the draft. (Blocks, in this context are BLOCK type objects, and insertion points are INSERT type objects. Roughly speaking, if it is necessary to recover the maximum, then turn on this option.. If it is necessary just to recover the exact position of the blocks, without any extra rubbish, then turn off this option).
- Convert anonymous blocks to normal blocks. Autocad creates auxilliary anonymous blocks for displaying certain objects, such as dimension, hatch, etc. It is impossible to create such a block oneself. This option converts anonymous blocks found in the file into ordinary blocks, which makes it possible to recover them on draft. (Like the previous point, if you want to restore to a maximum, turn the option on. If you want to remove extra objects, turn off the option).
- Smart decompress. Use nonstandard algorithms to unpack data. These algorithms are significantly faster than usual ones, however, there is a small chance that they might miss some data in the file.
Before exporting data that has been restored from a program in AutoCAD you will want to adjust your security settings to the minimal level.
- Select Options on the main menu
- Click on the System tab
- Click on the Security Options button
- Set the Security Level value to Off
- Click on the OK button
If you know which version of AutoCAD the damaged file was saved in, please indicate this version in the
DWG Version menu. In this case recovery algorithms will be applied only for the version indicated, which significantly decreases the file recovery time. If
Autodetect is selected, then, for the damaged file, recovery algorithms will be applied for all versions. Explanation of DWG versions:
- Make sure that Smart Decompress option, located in Tools-Options-Additional is on. If the option is on, then the program uses modified data unpacking methods. They are faster than standard methods, however, some data may be missed. If the option is off, then the program uses standard data unpacking methods.
Customer's reviews and ratings
We are a small company engaged in the calculation of materials based on .DWG drawings. Our server crashed and all the files in it. They managed to recover the drawings from the hard drives, but there AutoCAD cannot open errors and some drawings. We are glad that your program has helped to restore most of our drawings.
My AutoCAD drawing does not open. I tried to open any automatically saved version of the .DWG file, but it is also corrupted. Only part of the work was restored.
Using the native AutoCAD tool, I tried to repair the damaged file, but as a result I got Recover.dwg, which was created by an incompatible version of AutoCAD. When I opened this file, it showed an empty drawing, but the file size was large. Through your program, I was able to preview the contents of the .DWG file and restore it.
I had a problem with the file. When I try to open it, I get a message that the file is invalid - "The drawing file requires recovery". Errors were found in the drawing. File cannot be opened without recovery. After recover file, managed to open file in AutoCAD 2002, not bad!
After the error "Drawing file is not valid" in AutoCAD, I decided to take advantage of the online recovery. I upload the file, and in the preview, I saw an empty sheet, there was no data from the damaged DWG file. It turns out my sketch became huge and crossed the borders of the sheet. For such repair an AutoCAD file I put 4 stars.